June 17

I got out of bed this morning to find this:
Caleb was reading one of our new library books to his sisters. Even Eli was trying to get in on the reading action; do you see him sitting at their feet?

This makes my heart so happy. Most mornings I wake up to shrieking or fighting, but this morning was peaceful and calm. I love that Caleb is so generous with his siblings, and I cherish the relationships that are growing among the four of them.

Soon enough, it was time to hustle and bustle off to swim team, then a trip to Costco, where we tried something new - eating lunch there. I wouldn't call it a success, but it wasn't an outright failure, either. Caleb got a hot dog, and three bites in, started shrieking because his tooth was bleeding. He is preparing to lose one of his bottom teeth, and apparently the process is exceptionally painful. Or he's being dramatic. Whatever.
Anyway, four kids eating pizza and hot dogs at Costco during lunch time is really hectic, and I doubt we will be repeating it. But at least we tried.

After much debate, the kids decided that tonight should remain Friday Movie Night. Now that it's summer, they get to choose between family movie or family swim. They picked out the Minions movie at the library yesterday, so they were excited to watch that tonight. It was a bad idea, though, because Daisy thought it was too scary. 

After the movie, it was so nice outside that we pushed bedtime back and played.

Chris and Caleb played badminton, while I pursued artistic endeavors.

I'm pretty pleased with my handiwork!

I love how the kids are all doing something different here. Story of my life.

Then I showed the girls how we can trace people's bodies with chalk, and they were so excited.

This is Lily, looking at the Lily chalk drawing. Can you tell that Daisy helped her decorate it? I did the face and hair, but Daisy definitely added the high heels.

And Miss Daisy was pleased as can be with her chalk Daisy.

While the girls decorated their chalk people, I went back to work on my project. 
Isn't it fun?

Lily insisted that Chris trace my body. Then she stood like a little dictator and told him exactly what he needed to do to make it look like me.

Disclaimer: While the chalk me appears to be wearing transparent pants, there is no such thing in my real-life wardrobe.

And Daisy just kept staring at her Daisy. She was mad that I gave the girl curly hair, though.

Look at Eli's colorful bottom! Can you tell that he crawled in the middle of my chalk project and sat down?

There. Happy with a stick. Sticks are good for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment