June 14

My only pictures for the day are from swim practice this morning.
Look at poor Daisy's legs! She has an assortment of scrapes, bruises, bug bites, and scabs that make it look like she's been abused. At first I was shocked, but then I realized that these legs are something to celebrate. They are the sign of a summer spent playing outside, exploring in the woods, riding her bike, running (and sometimes falling). I am proud of these legs, and I am proud of the confidence and courage she is developing! 

Watching Caleb swim!

And then Eli was adorable. Here are some sweet videos for you. The first is of him playing with his toy car:

The next was taken right after this one ended, of him practicing his standing. 
He is standing more and more, and taking steps on his own. He's still not a walker, but he is getting closer every day! Maybe by the time he hits 17 months? Definitely by 18 months.

Oh, and one non-swim team photo. After dinner tonight, Chris took the kids up to the pool for Daisy's kickboard practice. Lily refused to even take one bite of dinner, though, so she didn't get to go. Instead, she put on her jammies and we read book after book after book, then called Grandma. My mom surprised us by offering to come over, so Lily and I sat on the porch swing and waited for her to arrive.

Waiting for Grandma!

Smooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment