June 13

Back in May, I went a little bit nuts and signed Caleb and Daisy up for three different VBS groups, three weeks in a row. After the chaos of last week, I realized that was a foolish move, and I cancelled the one I signed them up for this week.

I'm so glad I did that.

We did absolutely nothing today, and it was beautiful.
Ok, that's not actually true. We walked to the pool for swim team practice in the morning, we folded laundry, we made a sprinkler out of a foam noodle, and we set up the water slide in the back yard. It was a perfect summer day!

First, another dancing video of Eli and Lily.

It's so funny because when I turned the song on, Eli was sitting on the bench, eating. The moment he heard the music, he said, "DAN???", climbed off the bench, and started dancing. This kid is so surprising to me! Also, when he puts his head down in the video, he isn't upset. You can actually hear him laughing.
And aren't Lily's moves great? She has picked up a lot from watching the video for Can't Stop the Feeling.

Then, laundry folding.
Lily did not want to help.
Actually, she was just pretending. This is her fake grouchy face.

Hi Eli!

Happy Lily!

I'm not even apologizing for sharing all of these pictures.

I mean, really. The whole world needs to see how sweet she is!

Caleb tried out some faces, too. This was his grouchy face, but I showed him that if you cover his eyes, it looks like he's smiling.

He tried again.
Better, right?

And then we build a sprinkler.
All we needed was a dollar store pool noodle, duct tape, scissors, and a hose!

Happy baby! Unfortunately, he must have been sitting on a nest of bugs, because the next day he had a jillion bug bites on the bottom of his thighs.

Fun!

And then we set up the water slide.


Not bad for a do-nothing Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment