June 19

There was no Friday adventure for us today; it rained all morning, Eli slept until 10:30 (!), and Caleb and Daisy spent the morning playing so happily with their toys that I made the executive decision to cancel the adventure I had in mind. I'm sure there will be other rainy Fridays for that.

The day moved really slowly, but I don't remember much about it. All I know is that this evening, I rushed out the door as Chris was giving the kids their baths. We are hosting a BBQ tomorrow afternoon (anyone want to come?) and a family dinner Monday night, and I wanted to get all of the shopping done tonight.

Five stores later, I arrived home at 9:30pm to find this:
Wide awake.

But at least he's happy and not crying?

Chris fed him a bottle while I was out, and he said that it took Eli a while to warm up to it. I guess he hasn't had to take a bottle in quite a while! I am so, so thankful that we no longer have to supplement him with pumped breast milk after every feeding, and so thankful that we have a normal nursing relationship. There was definitely a time when I was rightly afraid that it might never happen. Now I have the best of both worlds: a child who takes a bottle, but who doesn't normally have to. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment