June 15

Do-Nothing Mondays are both a luxury and a necessity in our house. Today was yet another one, and aside from Eli being finicky about his naps, it was a perfect day. 

At one point, I decided I wanted to clean the siding on the back of our house near the deck. It involved a step ladder, a bucket full of soapy water, rags, me in a dress, two little helpers, Lily running around in a t-shirt, tights, and tennis shoes, and Eli rolling happily around on his playmat. We were a sight, I'm sure! Sadly, I didn't take any pictures. But the siding got cleaned!

Dinner tonight was beef fajita fixins, with sprouted corn tortillas (yuck), guacamole, rice, and two kinds of beans. I was apprehensive about fajitas without cheese or sour cream; I mean really, without those, what is the point? But it was really good, and the kids actually enjoyed the meal. Hooray!

Despite ominous skies, we all loaded up in the BOB and Chris and the kids joined me for my walk. Caleb ran about a mile and a half in his Batman rain boots, which was pretty impressive. We saw a snake, a little snail, a deer family with little baby fawn running and leaping around mama, a deer munching leaves in the woods, daisies growing wild (Daisy got out of the BOB, knelt down, and yelled, "HI, DAISY!"). And somehow, we didn't even get rained on. It was perfect, and my heart is full.

But because this blog is about the pictures, here are two cell phone photos of our walk:

Eli technically isn't big enough to ride in the BOB, but he seems to be doing fine.

Chris and I figured out that for him to be able to get a workout when he's keeping pace with me, he needs to do it like this:
23-pound Lily
13-pound Eli
45-pound Caleb
and 33-pound Daisy on his back

And the man did it with grace. He is pretty stellar, and our kids were really happy. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment