June 16

Despite the threat of rain all day, we made our weekly trip to the Botanical Garden today. Luckily, Amber and her boys were able to join us. Friends make everything more fun! We stopped to feed the fish, and Amber snapped this sweet photo of Andrew, Daisy, and Caleb feeding the baby geese:
Because of the weather, we had the garden mostly to ourselves. The kids definitely enjoyed having the run of the place!

While the girls napped in the afternoon, I worked on converting some diapers from velcro to snaps, Eli worked on his rolling, and Caleb practiced with my camera.

Eli really wants to roll from his back to his stomach. He's go the hips and legs, but not the upper body. Based on the way he's practicing, though, I think he'll get there soon! In the meantime, he has mastered wiggling. Today he managed to rotate 90 degrees while he wiggled on the bed, so I guess it's just about time to put the bed rails up!

Caleb was particularly pleased with this picture of his feet and Eli.

I know my kid is only in the 10th percentile, but look at that chub! I can't even imagine what a 50th percentile, or 99th percentile child looks like!

Hi there, handsome!

After a quick dinner, Caleb and Chris headed out in the rain for a Boy Scouts fishing event. Caleb is very interested in joining Boy Scouts in the fall, but so far there is no leader for his group. Still, the school group has invited all of the upcoming first graders to several events, and Caleb has really enjoyed them. Chris sent me these fishing photos:

Can you see how happy he is? He helped me make dinner, and as he stood on a chair at the kitchen counter, he looked out the window at the rain. Then he asked me if we could pray for the rain to stop so that he could go to Boy Scouts tonight. I dropped what I was doing, grabbed his hands, and we prayed.
The rain didn't stop, but the event was still on. We talked about how sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we expect, but He always answers them.

A fish! It was catch-and-release, and Caleb caught two with the new fishing pole that Grandma gave him for Daisy's birthday. 

My blurry and wet fishermen. I love that you can see the raindrops on the  lake.

I sure hope a leader steps forward so that Caleb can be a Boy Scout next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment