April 9

Apparently all of the house work has disrupted our internet connection? My phone can access our wireless network just fine, but the computer can't right now. Instead of fiddling around with it and getting frustrated, I'm just posting from my phone today. Sadly, that means I can't share most of the pictures I took today, but so it goes.

(Oh, wait! I just got the internet back up on the computer! Hooray!)

We spent all morning at the zoo, and it was just lovely. I wore Lily on my back and pushed both big kids in the BOB, so I'm pretty exhausted now!

The carousel and Children's Zoo are free for the first hour, but we ended up not getting to the zoo until 9:40, which meant we had 20 minutes left during the free hour. With zoo construction and crowds, that meant we might just barely make it to both the Children's Zoo and the carousel, but it would be close.

Can you picture me speed walking with 100+ pounds of stroller and 17 pounds of baby on my back? It was pretty impressive.
Even more impressive? After the carousel, we raced to the Children's Zoo and squeaked in right before they started charging for admission. Hooray!

Caleb swept the mulch. We also heard a crow who, instead of saying, "Caw! Caw!" said, "Quaw! Quaw!" We decided he was a French crow.

More Children's Zoo fun.

Lily came down off my back for snack time in the Children's Zoo, where she tried desperately to eat an apple.

Caleb and Daisy did better with their apples in the sea lion tunnel.

Lily was really happy on my back, especially because the weather was perfect for it! Sadly, I forgot her sun hat, and she might have gotten her first hint of sunburn. But aside from that, it was great. She even took a little nap up there!

After the Children's Zoo, we had time for one part of the zoo, so we saw the big cats. 
Caleb and Daisy were so excited to see Daddy Lion sunning himself on the rocks!

Zebra.

Chimp.

Caleb really wanted to stop and see this fountain on our way into the zoo, but we were in such a hurry that I had to say no. He was happy that we made time to stop and visit on our way home.

After we got home and attempted naps, we went back outside and I introduced Lily's little baby feet to fresh green grass.



I'm so glad it's spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment