April 7

No house projects today.

Instead, Chris went to work and I took all three children grocery shopping - in the rain.
If I had realized it was going to be pouring rain all morning, I probably would have found time to do the shopping over the weekend. But I didn't look at the forecast, and our fridge was empty. So we went. Thanks to rain coats and rain boots, the big kids stayed dry. Lily stayed (mostly) dry on my back, under the umbrella, and I got pretty darn wet. So it goes.

And then, as soon as Chris got home from work, I went to the dentist and got two fillings.

It has not been a good day.

I took these photos after Caleb woke up from a short nap (he's slowly outgrowing them, so I can't make him go back to bed if his nap is too short now...) and before Lily was due for her nap. In other words, I didn't get a break today because there was always at least one child awake. I know... first world problems...

I was feeding Lily when Caleb came running in, shouting, "Mommy! Would you like to come to a picnic?"
Who could resist that invitation?

He had arranged our picnic on top of a basket, so we were eating on a "table".
Lily was totally interested.

I love that Caleb photobombed this shot of Lily trying to reach the picnic.

But then he realized what she was trying to do, and stopped her.

The poor girl had to be content with her basket while Caleb and I enjoyed our picnic. I almost complained that he gave himself both the cookie and the watermelon, but then I realized that he gave me the slice of pie. I absolutely prefer pie over cookies, so I grabbed my ridiculously-oversized plastic fork and pretended to stuff my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment