April 12

Everything in our house - including the computer and its keyboard - is covered in a fine layer of dust right now. But I'm okay with that, because the dust is actually sawdust, and it is here because we are finally rid of our nasty, circa-1968 linoleum floors. 

Hooray!

Bye-bye, linoleum! Hello, hardwood!

Do you like our chaos? A rubbish pile out the back door, exposed subfloor, freshly drywalled walls that need a good sanding and a few more coats of mud, an empty box that once was a fireplace, and gleaming linoleum.

Clearly this was before we tore up the linoleum and created even more rubble and an insane amount of dust.

Lily doesn't seem to mind, though.

Honestly, she was probably just happy I was home. I was gone all morning for the ACT, and while Chris does a great job with all three kids, and Lily's getting really good at taking breast milk from a sippy cup, things are just more normal when Mommy is home.

Chris took this video of the kids at the neighborhood playground this morning, and I think it's a fair example of what happens when I'm not around:
In case you don't want to watch it, it involves Lily in her jammies at the playground, and Daisy running around barefoot. 

Also while I was gone, Chris texted me this picture:
It's dark and grainy, but it's our sweet girl, asleep in her crib. Love it!

I also love that the linoleum is gone. Maybe we'll get the hard wood installed in the next week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment