April 23

The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect, so the kids and I headed to the Botanical Garden today. I wrapped Lily on my back and pushed Caleb and Daisy in the BOB and intentionally left my big camera at home. It was a lovely morning.
You totally can't see the lovely flowers in this picture, but Caleb is so happy and handsome that I have to share it. 

Daisy was pretending she was a statue in the middle of this disc.

Really, her pose makes me think of sea lions basking in the sun.

Normally when we visit the garden, we hit the same spots every time. Today, we visited new spaces and had so much fun! I was really glad I had the BOB, though, because we could cover a lot more distance when Caleb and Daisy could hop in the stroller to rest.

I don't have any pictures of Lily from this morning because she was on my back and I was by myself, but she was really, really, REALLY happy to be outside and on my back. She spent the whole morning cooing and babbling at people. I'm sure it helped that the girl slept from 7:45 last night until 8:30 this morning, waking once at 5 am to nurse. If I were that well-rested, I'd be cooing and babbling at people, too!

We headed home in time for lunch and great naps, and went right back outside after naptime, even though it was significantly cloudier and cooler than it had been in the morning.
Hi drooly baby in the swing!

Daisy insisted on wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and jelly sandals, even though it was chilly, she was shivering, and the sandals cut her feet. She is something else.

Lily, meanwhile, was waiting patiently for someone to push her.

No comments:

Post a Comment