April 11

It stayed!
Spring stayed around for three days in a row! 

We spent all morning outside, and it was delightful. Lily took an early nap this morning, and the light outside was so gorgeous that I took a gajillion photos of the big kids. 

Caleb and Daisy fought over who got to water the garden first. Our compromise? Caleb got to use the hose to fill Daisy's bucket so she could water the potted plants.

While I took these pictures of Caleb, Daisy got to use the hose. The only reason I got this sweet, genuine smile from Caleb is that directly behind me, Daisy had just sprayed herself in the face with the hose.

Goodness, I love this boy.
There have been several times in the past month or so that I have searched my files for a good photo of him to send to people, but I had nothing recent. I'm so happy I have these bright, sunny, happy pictures of Caleb now!

Laughing at Daisy again.

Then I turned my camera to Daisy: 
She was just about to get really upset that she was all wet, but then she realized that Caleb and I thought it was hilarious.

Suddenly, she thought it was hilarious, too. 
Gotta love almost-three-year-olds.

But I really do adore this almost-three-year-old. 
The beauty of her sweet little face almost breaks my heart. From the moment she was born, I knew that Daisy would be a ray of sunshine. And when she's not being a stinker, this girl definitely brightens my day!

Of course, she's often a stinker.

Like there. I just can't get good pictures of the two of them together because they're always being goofy!

(Last night, Chris and I were hugging in the kitchen after dinner. Caleb and Daisy saw us hugging and immediately began hugging each other. It was absolutely precious. I love how much they love each other!)

Caleb and I tried to take a selfie, but it didn't really work. He really liked this picture, though, because he said he has a "crafty smile". I asked him where he learned a phrase like "crafty smile", and he informed me that it was in one of his library books.

A selfie with both of the big kids totally didn't work, and they were too impatient to let me use my camera remote. Maybe next time.

Eventually Caleb and Daisy went down for naps, and Lily was awake. I took her outside to try to get some equally lovely photos of her, but the sunlight wasn't as juicy, and she wasn't really in the mood for pictures.

But those chubby cheeks? ACK!

Seriously. I just want to nibble on her double chin and squish those cheeks.

I think she might have started saying "mama" with purpose. I'm not entirely sure about this, but she's been saying it when she wakes up and wants out of her crib. I'm pretty sure she's calling for me.

(Look at her face. She thinks I'm ridiculous. Maybe she's right.)

And later, even the diapers got their moment in the spotlight with the daffodils:
I love springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment