April 13

Despite heavy rain off and on all day today, Chris managed to fill up two Bagsters full of debris, and we are officially done with demo! Hooray!

That is the very last piece of linoleum in our house. I may have saved a piece of it to keep as a reminder of what the house once was.

Mom stopped by on her way home from church to say hi to the kiddos - apparently she didn't get enough of them during the 3 hours she spent watching them yesterday while Chris and I tore up linoleum? Regardless, they were thrilled to see Grandma again. I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to see her every day of the week!

Chris and the kids played some post-church baseball in the driveway. No, Chris didn't wear the red grass skirt to church; he stayed home to fill the Bagsters. Otherwise, he may very well have worn that skirt to church.

Daisy has a good swing, but didn't make contact with the ball.

This boy, however, is a real slugger. I feel terrible that we don't have him on a baseball team right now, but I'm apprehensive about starting him on the competitive sports cycle. It seems to me that it's really tricky to keep kids on the path of sports for fun, rather than sports that end up in elite, traveling leagues.

Then, all by himself, Caleb pulled out the sign they gave me at kindergarten registration (you know, the one that made me cry?) and planted it in the front yard. Apparently he's pretty proud of it? He and Chris read the words together.

His school's mascot is the tiger, so he's showing us his best tiger roar.

I cannot believe this child will be a kindergartener.
We had a conversation the other day about how I used to be a teacher. Caleb told me he thought I should be a teacher again, so that he could go to daycare (his words - really). When I explained to him that he was starting school in the fall, so he'd just go to school instead of daycare, he was disappointed. Then I told him that I was thinking about being a teacher again, but teaching him instead of teaching teenagers, and he thought for a minute. After a while, he said, "OK, Mommy! I think I could do homeschooling!"

Ha! I never even used the term "homeschooling", but he knew exactly what I was talking about.

We came to the conclusion that he would try kindergarten, but if it didn't work out, we would try homeschooling.

And Daisy just clomped into the kitchen, completely naked except for her fancy "clopping shoes". 
*sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment