April 22

Caleb, Daisy, and even Lily and I ended the day with dirt under our fingernails. It was appropriate that today was Earth Day, because we spent all day digging in the garden. 

Or, rather, I spent all day digging in the garden. These little monkeys were only moderately helpful, and Caleb spent the morning at preschool and the afternoon fussing and whining because he didn't take a nap. Four is a challenging age.

Luckily, my mom joined us in the afternoon and lent some serious elbow grease to the digging. I admire her way with plants; no matter how hard I try or how much I want it, I don't think gardening and planting will ever be second-nature to me like it is with her. Chris' mom has a knack for plants, too, so I hope that the generations of vegetational wisdom and dirt therapy will pass down to my children.

But before all of those thoughts, these girls were happy in the sunshine, and Daisy was pleased with her new method of sideways swinging. I got some digging done, and then we went to pick up Caleb.

We returned home, I got the big kids situated with their lunches, and Lily and I snuck back to her room where I could nurse her to sleep.

She was so sweet  with that little hand on her face that I had to grab my camera.

Sleep, sweet baby.

Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment