April 30

Last night was rough. ROUGH. Lily woke up to eat at 1:20 in the morning, and I nursed her for twenty minutes. When she was finished, I tried putting her back in her crib like I do every night, and she would have none of it. I ended up holding her for over an hour before I grew frustrated and gave up. Then Chris took his turn - he went in a to her a little before 3 am, and ended up just sleeping in Lily's recliner, holding her in his arms. I woke him when his alarm went off at 5:30.

I'm going to chalk it up to some sort of developmental chaos; Lily has made some great gross motor progress in the past week, and I'm hoping that maybe her sleep has been disrupted because her little brain is so excited about the new skills.
In other words, I'm praying desperately that this will pass, because I don't think Chris or I can handle another night like last night. Even though I left Lily at 2:30, I stayed awake for at least two more hours, thinking and stewing and planning and fretting about all of the house projects we have going on. This season of life is stressful!

So all of that is my explanation for why I only have this picture to share today:
Lily had grabbed Daisy's foot and was tickling it. All three people involved thought it was hilarious. Also, I love that Lily is basically sitting on top of Daisy while she's tickling her. Funny stuff here, people.

Now I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment