July 23

Almost-six-months is such a fun age! It seems like Eli is doing something new every day.
Today I caught him smiling and cooing at that cute baby in the mirror. I tried - and failed - to capture that on video.

What I do have for you to see today is one of Eli's first times in the Bumbo chair.
I also gave him a spoon to play with  for the very first time. 

Sorry kiddo, no food for you!

We do Baby-Led Solids, which means that instead of looking at Baby's age to determine when to introduce solids, I look at his developmental readiness.  Sitting unassisted is one of the major indicators of readiness for solids, and Eli is definitely not doing that. Really, Eli is showing very few signs of readiness, and he's not even interested in food yet. Maybe in a month or two, but not now.

For now, a spoon is enough to make this little man happy!

1 comment: