July 17

Our Friday adventure this week was a visit to a new park with Amber and her boys. It was hot, hot, HOT, but luckily, the park had a splash pad.
Unluckily, my children did not want to splash. What is wrong with them? Caleb got wet and played for about 20 minutes, but the girls refused to do anything, and clung to me instead. Perhaps there were too many other children there. 

Andrew is a good-natured boy, though, so he didn't mind too much when we left the splash pad to play in the big playground. Amber and I spread a blanket under the shade of a big tree, and we sat with the babies while the older kids ran and played. Even Lily ran around and explored by herself, which meant that Amber and I were able to have a lovely visit!

Dean was very interested in Eli, which was hilarious.

Amber sent me this darling picture that she took of the boys together:
Dean is almost three months older than Eli, and I'm pretty confident these boys are going to be buddies.

We got home in time for second lunch, and then I put all of the little ones down for their naps. Lily is still rocking the Big Girl Bed. Once everyone was asleep, I scooped a bowl of ice cream for Caleb and we sat on the porch swing and hoped for a thunderstorm. We heard one rumble of thunder, but no storm. Then we got to work in the basement, where he played and I sorted and organized baby clothes.

I also pulled out the Bumbo chair for Eli.
He wasn't sure what to make of it!

Lily, however, was really excited that Eli was sitting up, and she immediately sat down next to him and shared her doll with him. What a sweetheart!
(Don't mind Daisy's naked legs in the background; she was still wearing her swim bottoms that never got wet this morning. That girl is so strange.)

No comments:

Post a Comment