July 15

It was a busy day today, but soon pretty much every day will be busy, so maybe I should just call it normal.

It was a "normal" day today.

It started with me feeling ambitious and baking a double batch of breakfast cookies. They're small, so I managed to fit 36 cookies on each baking sheet and put them all in the oven at once. Yay! But I had to rotate the pans halfway through baking, and somehow I managed to drop one of the pans face-down on the floor. The partially baked cookies were a gooey, unsalvageable mess on my kitchen floor. Major bummer, but at least the other pan was okay.

Then we headed to the chiropractor, and to my mom's house after that.

The kids were so happy to play with Grandma!
(Mom, I know you will hate this photo and I agree that it is unflattering and I'm so very sorry, but it's the only picture I got of Eli today. Also, it is you reading to your four doting grandchildren, which is kind of special and lovely in itself, isn't it?)

While at Grandma's, Caleb asked me to read him a book but I tricked him into reading it instead. It still blows my mind that my boy can read legit children's books now, not just the easy ones!

We at lunch at Mom's, then headed home. I put Daisy down for her nap (spoiler: she didn't actually sleep), then Eli and I went to put Lily down. For some reason, Lily decided that today was the day she would sleep in her big girl bed. I didn't even think to suggest it, but she wanted to, so we tried it out. She really wanted me to lie there with her until she fell asleep, but Eli was hungry and tired too, so I had to leave her.

She fussed for ten minutes like she normally does, then napped for two hours in her big girl bed. How about that?

Then I had to put Eli down, then Gayle came to take Caleb for their special time together, then I had to start dinner, then Eli woke up, then Daisy came out, then Lily woke up, then Caleb came home, and I still had to make dinner, then Chris came home, then we ate dinner, then Eli was hungry, then I loaded the three little ones into the BOB and Caleb walked beside me as we walked the mile to our local library. Caleb's school was having an event there, and I hoped it would be better than the disaster that was the last program.

It was fine; not a disaster, but not fabulous, either.

Then we walked home, and halfway there, Daisy fell (she claims Lily pushed her) off the front of the BOB. To be fair, the footwell is not a legitimate seat, and we should have seen this coming. But still, Daisy probably wasn't holding on or paying attention, and she tumbled right off, landing on her forehead on the sidewalk.

I'm sure it hurt and scared her, but boy, that girl is dramatic. 

Thankfully, I had my wrap with me. I tossed her up on my back, and though she still had a little bit of pout in her, she was much happier for the rest of the walk home.
Side note: I pushed 75 pounds of children 1.5 miles today, and pushed 40 pounds of children and wore 35 pounds of child on my back for half a mile.

Related: I did not go to the gym tonight.

Also related: I am exhausted, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Thank God three of my children sleep through the night. Except that Lily is in her big girl bed, so tonight could be dicey for her. At least she doesn't know how to work a door knob yet, so she can't escape...

No comments:

Post a Comment