July 1

I'm not sure how exactly it is already July, but life is about to get very busy for us. Caleb turns 6 next week, Lily turns 2 a week and a half after that, then Chris has a birthday, then our anniversary, then Chris goes off to grad school for two weeks - YIKES!

But today was slow.
The kids played outside.
We saw the chiropractor.
I folded laundry.
Caleb had his "special time" with Grandmother. (He calls it that now, and looks forward to his afternoon with her all week. It is so sweet.)

Gayle brought Caleb home with a new toy: light-up spinning toys, one for each of the kids.
They. LOVE. Them.

They really are pretty cool, and I know the kids will enjoy having them on the 4th of July.

While Caleb played with Grandmother and got an awesome new toy, the girls slept. And slept and slept and slept.

When I went to wake Daisy before dinner, she looked like this:
That girl needed a nap! She told me later that she spread her quilt out so that it was smooth like a swimming pool. Apparently she likes to pretend she's floating in a pool?

While Caleb and Lily played with their new light-up toys and Daisy slowly woke up, Eli helped me make dinner. I took this picture by holding my big camera up over my head and snapping. I love his sweet little face at the base of my neck!

After dinner, more spinny toys. Chris took this one with his phone:
You can't really see Lily's, but it's there and she is enthralled with it. 

Happy children = happy mommy. Thanks, Gayle!

1 comment: