July 13

Just another Do-Nothing Monday here, in which I baked nearly four dozen muffins (stocking up for when Chris goes to Wisconsin!), washed all of the laundry, determined an arrangement for how I will hang Caleb and Daisy's gallery wall, and took Caleb's 6-year photos. It was kind of awesome.

I tried taking pictures of Caleb on his birthday, but we didn't have much time and I wasn't pleased with the results. Today we tried again, and while I didn't get any photographic masterpieces, I did get a couple of shots that pretty accurately represent my boy at six years old.

This one is probably my favorite. It's just a normal, happy Caleb. I asked him to choose his favorite outfit for the pictures, and he chose a pixellated Darth Vader shirt and some plaid shorts. When I asked him about it, he said that his real favorite shirt is his Darth Vader muscle shirt, but he likes to wear different things, too.

He informed me that his favorite Lego mini-figure, whom he has named Emerald Harrellson, had also just had a birthday, so we included Emerald in some of the pictures. Caleb told me that Emerald Harrellson (he usually uses  both names, and Emerald's last name could possibly be Haroldson; I'm not entirely sure) is his best friend, so I'm glad I got a picture of the two of them together.

Caleb spent part of the morning building this Lego car - a birthday gift from Grandpa - so he wanted it in the pictures, too.

The girls were napping while we took pictures, or, in Daisy's case, pretending to nap, but Eli kept us company in the grass.

Hi, Eli!

(Side note: At bedtime tonight, I tried unsuccessfully to get Eli to sleep. After all of my best efforts, I resigned myself to playing with him. And then I remembered that almost five months ago, he looked like this:
I praise God for His faithfulness, for our healthy baby boy, and for the ability to breastfeed him normally. What a difference a few months makes!)

But back to Caleb. This is another favorite of mine: 
That is just what he looks like.

Of course, Emerald Harrellson needed a portrait, too: 
I am considering printing and framing this. I think Caleb would be really happy.

I also remembered to record an interview with Caleb. I hope to start doing these with each of the children on their birthdays, just because it's so much fun!
(Someone please remind me to do this with the other children?)
Disclaimer: it is four and a half minutes long, so probably not a video that most of my dear readers will want to watch. But I bet Grandma (hi, Mom!) and Auntie Grace (can't wait to see you!) will watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love the video! What a great idea. I think having someone ask you all about yourself is so fun and when you are young you want and need to know someone is interested in those things you care about. He is such a sweetie. Just perfection :)

    ReplyDelete