September 27

Today was a much better day than yesterday.

Things that made it so much better?
- 2 excellent naps
- lovely autumnal weather
- a visit with Grandma
- a trip to my favorite park ever

This morning, I found a stale, old loaf of white bread in the back of my fridge. (Don't ask me how it ended up there - we don't buy white bread. But it was there, nonetheless.) 

The lovely weather, the old bread, and my mom's need to get out of the house (she is just starting to regain some mobility after her knee replacement surgery), added up in my head to create the perfect circumstances for a visit to the park to feed the fish. I didn't expect Caleb to really enjoy the fish feeding; in fact, I wondered if he'd even notice the fish.

Boy was I wrong! Those fish were excited little acrobats. They leapt, splashed, and turned flips in front of us. Caleb was fascinated.



Thanks to my Mom for managing to wield both the camera and her cane to snap these photos! What you can't see in these pictures is that I let Caleb help me feed the fish. Only for every piece of bread he threw into the water, four more pieces went into his mouth.

See?
(I only let him loose when he was safely away from the water!)
(By the way, he's standing in the gazebo where Chris and I were married 8 years ago!)

Look, Ma! No hands!



Who knew the kid would be such a fan of stale, white bread?


No comments:

Post a Comment