September 10

Oh my goodness.

Last night?

Hell.

And I'm not a cursing woman. But the only way to appropriately describe last night, in our cheap hotel room, involves a long string of profanities. I'll spare you the swear words, and sum it up like this:
Caleb + Carrie + Chris in 1 double bed.
Add 1 air conditioner that sounds like a freight train passing through.
Add a child who won't sleep in the pack n play, crawls over the wall we built around him in the extra bed, and is confused by why he's in a bed with Mommy and Daddy.

The sum of this equation? Not quite 7 hours of sleep for Caleb, and a crabby set of parents.

Tonight will be much better, though. Our hotel is delightful, and they have *gasp* REAL cribs for the rooms! If you've travelled with a baby lately, you know what a rare treat this is.

Also, I am seriously in love with the photos I took today. So in love that I've spent the past hour on the (?) marble floor of our bathroom, laptop singeing my lap, back cracking against the tub to edit these photos.  

Now, see why I'm in love.
My boys, splashing in the hotel pool.

Caleb got to read his favorite book with his great-grandma (my Mom's Mom).

Caleb and my Dad at the wedding. He loved the bubbles!

OH! This is me melting. My sweet, sweet boys in their matching ties. (The ties were my gift to Chris for his birthday - I made Caleb's. Chris was so happy to match his son!)

Caleb and Great-Grandpa Leo (my Mom's Dad), looking out over the Missouri River. They're in Iowa, but the other shore is Nebraska.

Caleb and Great-Grandpa.

Me with my little man. I know - you never get to see me! Chris was really sweet to take this photo of us. My only regret was that I didn't get a shot of our whole family when we were all spiffed up!

And now I'm going to hoist my achy bones off this hard (but clean) bathroom floor and crawl into that big, comfy bed. Let's hope Caleb doesn't wake up... this Mommy is tired!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the great-grandparent pictures - beautiful pictures and beautiful memories! Looks like you're having a fun trip in spite of stinky hotels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I am a few days behind and I get to read 2 or 3 posts....these are SUCH great pictures! I love the wedding ones and the reading with Great Grandma. Caleb is getting cuter every day!

    ReplyDelete