September 16

It's an early-to-bed night for Caleb. He's attempting to drop his morning nap, but hasn't quite figured out that he should nap longer in the afternoon to compensate for the missed sleep. This week he's been eating lunch at 11:30, then going down around noon. One would think he would then sleep until 3, thus getting the 3 hours of napping he used to get. Instead, he's been waking up around 1:30 or 2. I keep hoping he'll figure it out, but it's not looking promising. Maybe if I put him down around 11, he'll still sleep until 1:30 or 2?

In the meantime, this is Caleb doing two of his favorite things: standing and eating.
Incidentally, the blue thing behind him is my beloved Snuggie. Caleb loves when I put the Snuggie over both of our heads and call it the "blue tent". He even tries to say "boo ten", and giggles crazily.

Also, (Have I already complained too much? Feel free to skip this.) today was my first MOPS meeting of the school year. It was fantastic, except for one little person who shall remain nameless. When I dropped this mystery person off in the kids area, he immediately started sobbing. When I picked him up 2 and a half hours later, his little eyes were still red. He had obviously fussed the whole time.

This is not my baby! My baby plays happily in the play area. My baby is the one the workers always call "the perfect baby" because he always plays by himself without fussing. My baby is an easy baby. But now I can't leave him in the Kids Korner at the gym because he fusses, and he's fussing at MOPS! Isn't he a bit late for separation anxiety? I think this is more than just a teething/napping issue, friends. I could use some reassurance.... anything along the lines of "It's just a phase" would be great.

Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... you don't want to hear any anecdotes from me about separation anxiety since Catherine's "phase" lasted approximately 2 years. Ignoring that little anomaly, I think it's pretty common for kids to start at almost any young age. He's just realizing how cool you are - why would he want to hang out with anyone else? :)

    ReplyDelete