April 8

It was a busy day - I worked the ACT test until about 1:30, and then I had a photo session in the evening. While I was at the ACT, Chris took the kids to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. There are no pictures of this because Chris was scrambling to keep up with everyone, but I heard that there were some snafus to the morning. In the end, Caleb came home with a basket full of candy, and Daisy came home with a giant Hello, Kitty lamb. No one complained, so I guess it worked out fine.

Did I mention that Chris got me a hammock? Because Chris got me a hammock. I think it was last week, when I stayed home from church with a sick child and Chris took all of the other children on our weekly Costco trip. I have often expressed a desire for a hammock, but there is no suitable space to hang one in our back yard and I don't like the idea of the hammock stands. When Chris saw a travel hammock at Costco for $30, he jumped on it and brought it home to me, with the idea that we could hang it from a stake? I'm not sure he knows how hammocks work.
Still, it was a thoughtful gesture. It took me until today to figure out how we could use it.
I just had to commandeer the kids' swing set. 
Yeah, the hammock is a really bright green nylon.

But it is super comfy, and once I was in it, I remembered why I wanted one.
(Also, say hello to my new favorite earrings! These are the Leather Leaf earrings from Noonday, and they were handmade in India. Best of all, my purchase helps my friend Jessica earn money to fund her upcoming adoption! You should buy some Noonday jewelry, too!)

My favorite thing about this hammock is that it is a double hammock that can support up to 400 pounds. That means I can swing in my hammock with as many children as I can fit. Or with my husband. So far, I have fit the older three in the hammock with me. Eli was all wet from playing in the hose, and he climbed in to the hammock to snuggle with me. He cuddled under his towel, and told me, "This cozy. This comfy place to lay down."
And then I died from the cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment