April 25

I had a photo session scheduled for last Saturday - 9-month photos for a sweet baby boy - but he was recovering from pneumonia, and his mom thought he needed a few more days. The only day we could reschedule was today, but thankfully my mom was off work and willing to watch the kids. I dropped them at her house, took the photos, and headed back to find my children playing happily at Grandma's.

Mom got out a real glass child-sized tea set and made a real pot of tea, and Daisy was over the moon excited.
I mean, seriously. Are they cute or what? And the doggie sitting at their table?

Also, both girls let me put their hair up today and chose darling dresses, so the cuteness factor is magnified.



They felt so grown up! Caleb was too busy reading to be bothered with a tea party.


I am pretty sure they could spend all morning playing tea party! I may have to find a thrift store tea set for Daisy's birthday. (Unless someone with more child-free free time than I have wants to do it instead...)

Remember my flower field pictures from a few days ago? I mentioned on Facebook that I wanted to do flower mini-sessions, and a few people were interested. Someone mentioned another field of flowers, and since it was kind of near my mom's house, we all went to check it out.

It was fabulous.

Daisy was the only one willing to traipse into the field with me. 

Isn't she funny? 

Lily was worried by a bumblebee, so she would only play with the dandelions. (And no, that's not a wound on her arm - it's a heart stamp with rainbow ink.)

Eli was hilarious. He found a stick, which became his light saber, and he was wearing his cape.

I said, "Show me your Super Eli face" and got this: 

He is so funny!

Then he ran flew up and down the length of the field, making zooming noises the whole way.

Two is so much fun!

These two are pretty fun, too.

1 comment: