April 7

Caleb is still feeling pretty droopy, but I think the sickness is finally almost out of our house.
Lily was pretending to be a green ninja.

The kids were all eating lunch, but I couldn't find Eli. I called for him, and he called back from the next room, "I reading!" 
Sure enough, he was sitting in his chair, reading, and pretty pleased about the whole situation.

Sweet baby.

Before Lily went down for her nap, she was adamant that she wanted to do this fishy puzzle.
It's not actually a puzzle; it's more like an open-ended design toy? But she wanted to make it look just like the box, so I helped her. When she finished and it was time to go down for her nap, Lily insisted that we leave it on the floor and make sure it didn't get destroyed because she wanted Daddy to see it. Then she asked Daisy to make a surprise for her while she was napping.
I have no idea why she asked Daisy for a surprise, but Daisy took this challenge very seriously. She decided to take a picture of the fishy puzzle and print it for Lily. Amazingly, that was super easy to do with my iPhone and our wifi-enabled printer, and even more amazingly, Lily loved it. Funny how that works.

Caleb, Daisy and I have been reading through the first Harry Potter book, and today was the day we finished! As a reward, they got to watch the first Harry Potter movie. I think they are hooked.
 

After dinner, there was enough sunlight left for a trip to the neighborhood playground.

Daisy found the first puffy dandelions of the season!

Now there will be many, many more.

Many more.

Love this girl!

Meanwhile, Chris had both Eli and Lily on big kid swings! 
Can you tell Eli is enjoying himself?

He felt like hot stuff!

Hi, Lily!

I love this picture of Daisy.

And I especially love this one of Caleb.

But the highlight of the night was the walk home. We took the "shortcut" that is actually a long way through woods, and heard an owl. Remembering what they learned at Eli's birthday hike, Caleb and Daisy called back to the owl. Amazingly, the owl responded to Daisy and flew closer! We got a close-up look at it, and the kids were so excited that they tricked the owl! Downside: they have been practicing their hooting ever since. Still, it was really cool!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, the owl!! How fun and OMG Eli on the swing is killing me!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete