April 24

I have too many pictures for today. The weather was so nice that, despite my better judgment, we spent most of the day playing outside. I was pretty miserable from my allergies, but it was worth it.

We spent most of the time drawing with chalk on the driveway. It started with Daisy asking to draw me, so I laid on my side in a flying position.

You know, because I'm super mom? That's me in the orange boots, with the giant bottom. Then Eli wanted in on the game, so we traced him and made Super Eli.

The girls each wanted to be a super hero, too, so we did those.

See our super family? Chris was on a day trip out of town for work, so there was no Super Dad. And Caleb? He didn't want to be a superhero. He wanted to be Octopus Man. You can kind of see the waterline, some tentacles, and bubbles behind his octo-body.

Eli dragged his dump truck outside and rode it down the driveway.
Note: it is not supposed to be a ride-on toy.
He promptly face-planted and scraped up the left side of his face.

I think Lily was showing me an owie here? I just love the picture.

And Eli joyously ran his laps. Our neighbor two houses up the street reminded me that when we first moved in, Caleb was the same age and did the same thing. He even had a cape fixation for a while. I had totally forgotten about that, and I thought it was so sweet that the neighbor remembered. 

Even our next door neighbor, and elderly woman who was recently widowed, has come outside multiple times to tell us how much she enjoys watching Eli run his laps outside her kitchen window. 



He has so much fun!

Over the course of the morning, our creation developed. You can see Octopus Man, who is a pinkish color and holding a trident, his jellyfish pal below him, and manatee mama, who is the blue blob. There is also a baby manatee out of the frame, and behind Caleb is Octopus Daisy.

Meanwhile, Eli ran more laps.


Are you tired of this yet? I'm sure not. How about video?

If you can't hear it, I ask Eli, "What's your name?" He runs past me, then answers, "I Super Eee-eye!"

And these two kept working on their octopi selves.

I snapped these pictures of Caleb telling a story, because they sum up some of his most common facial expressions.



This boy of mine is something.

I loved the late afternoon shadows on Daisy's face.

The kids found grubs under the rocks!

More Daisy in a new dress.

Daisy asked to take a picture of me, and as soon as Eli realized that I was having my picture taken, he climbed into my lap so he could be in the picture, too. I can't say that I mind!

And seriously. That Lily Clare is too cute.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, I'm like tearing up from how adorable and yes Caleb; love his face!

    ReplyDelete