April 12

We had an awesome field trip this morning, and then the UPS man brought me a fabulous new lens, and then we paid an evening visit to a lovely new park.
That means this post will have WAY too many pictures.
Be prepared.

Remember on Eli's 2nd birthday, when we went hiking, at night, in the winter? Today we returned to the same spot during the day, in the spring, with our Classical Conversations friends for an Aquatics field trip. First, our guide took us to a man-made, fishless pond. He handed out nets and buckets, and the kids tried their hardest to catch something.

Just leaves.

This made me all kinds of nervous. I find myself more nervous about these children now than I ever have been before; I think it has something to do with the fact that Eli is mobile and unpredictable, but I still have to watch the other three while I try to make sure he doesn't dive headfirst into a pond.

Not that this angel baby would ever do something like that.

Check out those awesome newts! Or salamanders? I can't remember.

Caleb caught the newt in this net.

And Daisy caught these frog eggs!

Examining our finds! After we all had time to catch some stuff, our guide told us what everything was. Then we headed to a creek to see what different creatures lived there.

I was less nervous about the children in the creek, probably because I could see the bottom. 

It was cold, but my boys took their rain boots off anyway. 

Eli really wanted to throw rocks.

He was soaked! Luckily, I had lots of spare clothes.

Lily was a bit young for this field trip, but she still had a lot of fun. We stayed to picnic with friends, then headed home for well-deserved naps.

Later, the UPS man brought this bad boy to my door:
It's the Sigma ART series 85mm 1.4 lens. It's a beast, but it sure is lovely!

Pirate Lily helped me try it out.

And Eli ran laps up and down the sidewalk.

Then, because it was a lovely evening, we ventured out to a park. Thanks to CC, we discovered a new park that is directly across the highway from the church where we meet. We decided to visit it for the first time tonight.

This girl. I asked her to sit on the rocks so I could take a picture, and she posed like this on her own. She just knows what to do!

The park had an awesome "Art Garden" with all kinds of fun creative play options.

There was also a field for Eli to run in.

And steps to sit on.

And stepping stones!

And then I took a picture of my husband. Isn't he handsome? When I cut his hair this weekend, he asked me to keep the top longer. Eli's curls have inspired him.

I'm so glad we have a curly-haired boy!

Also, this happened. Caleb made it that far before falling, which is a major accomplishment for him. Chris and I were so proud of him for trying! He didn't get back up and try again, but I'm sure he'll go farther next time.

We explored the log cabins together.

The door was locked.

Eli is a playground master!

And he's also pretty cute.

This is one of my new favorites.

What a goofy baby!

And then for posterity, I took pictures of my little ones in their big beds.  
Lily is so proud that she sleeps in her "birdie bed" in "Caleb and Daisy's" at night. She still naps in her old room, because the older two like to be able to use their room while she's sleeping. But once they go to school in the fall, we will transition fully out of the old room and into the new. Maybe sooner.

Happy girl!

And here's the big boy, in his big boy bed: 
I even took the recliner out of his room, and I am seeing about getting rid of the crib. This boy is done with the baby stuff!

Goodnight, Eli!

No comments:

Post a Comment