November 8

It was a full day today, made more challenging by the fact that Eli wasn't a happy sleeper last night. Still, we made it to church almost on time, and scooted out of church right away so I could meet a family at a nearby park for a photo session. Chris and the kids dropped me off and did the weekly Costco run, and arrived back at the park just as I was finishing up. It was nearly noon and Eli was done, which was understandable because he had been awake for five hours and hadn't really nursed, despite having many chances. 

We picked up some lunch and stopped at my mom's house to eat and help her move some heavy pots. The kids were beyond happy to eat a fast food lunch and play at Grandma's house, and poor Eli was so excited about everything that the nursing and napping that he really needed were completely out of the question. He army crawled all over the place, exploring and smiling. It was adorable, and I have no pictures.

Then we headed home for late naps. Chris had a headache, so after he put Lily down he took a nap himself. He invited Daisy to join him, but she was busy doing something else. Caleb and I got to work on a homework project, and suddenly I realized Daisy was nowhere to be found. I tiptoed down the hall, peeked into my bedroom, and saw this:
She decided to finish what she was doing and climb into bed and snuggle with her Daddy. It makes my heart happy. They both napped for a good two hours, which was just what they needed. Lily also napped for two hours, and Eli lasted closer to three. When everyone woke up, it was almost time for small group, which is one of the kids' favorite evenings.

Eli didn't want to be with the kids during small group, but he also wasn't happy with us, which made for a stressful evening. Still, it was good to be with friends. 

We got home much too late, and got the kids to bed even later.

Chris put Eli in his jammies, and I got a few pictures of a suddenly very happy little boy. Every baby is happy when they're naked, aren't they?

Kicking his legs in delight.

Don't you just want to kiss him?

And now it is bedtime. There is nothing on my calendar for tomorrow - thank God for Do-Nothing Mondays!

1 comment:

  1. Yesss! Love those days with nothing planned!! More than I should probably....O M G Eli in those pictures wiggling???!!
    Also, Daisy snuggling with Chris is extreme cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete