November 29

Eli slept in this morning - he didn't get up until 6:30. I know. It's ridiculous. But this is our new norm, and 6:30 now qualifies as "sleeping in".  That meant he was ready for his morning nap at 8:00, so church was totally out of the question for us. I sent Chris and the big kids off, and I stayed home, showered, and tried to edit pictures. Unfortunately, Eli woke up sooner than I hoped. Fortunately, I seized the moment and took his 10-month pictures (a day late).

It was still gray and gloomy, so I got out my new studio lights. I'm slowly figuring them out, and I was thankful to have them today! 

I'm such a sucker for "baby in front of the Christmas tree" photos, and since his next month-birthday shots will be after Christmas, I decided to go with it. Even though it's November.

Also, the sweater vest he's wearing? It kills me. Do you remember Caleb in this same sweater vest? No? Refresh your memory here.


Who do you think wore it best? I vote Lily.

Still, Eli is pretty cute. And he's leaning against a cube, practicing his standing here. Way to go, Eli!

In the past week, he has started:
taking a bottle regularly
sleeping in his crib for about 3 hours in the evenings
pulling up to standing
shaking his head no

It's a serious burst of development for him, coupled with a yucky cold. Poor baby is working so hard right now!

Christmas tree.

Baby.
(Drool!)

Antlers!

Happy baby! (Reflection of studio lights in the ball! Note to self: shiny ornaments make bad photo props.)

Things Eli is doing at ten months old: 
sleeps from 7:00-10:30 in his crib
wakes to eat, and he joins me in bed for the rest of the night
wakes at 5:30 or 6 am
takes two naps a day, 90 minutes to two hours each
loves pears, veggie straws, frozen broccoli
loves to hold spoons
nurses four or five times a day, and as often as he wants at night
still has no teeth
sits, army crawls, and is getting up on hands and knees
pulls to standing
says dada and baba
tries to say bird, ball, and cat, but isn't quite there yet
loves to snuggle and be worn
loves his siblings
wants desperately to get that cat
loves exploring and is very independent

Then the family was home, then I edited all afternoon, and then I rushed off to a photo shoot (in the rain).

Chris took these awesome videos of Eli while I was gone:

I love how he uses his whole body to work that hand clapper!

Lily wanted Chris to read her a book, then decided to "read" it to Eli instead. Except that the book is new to Lily, so she doesn't know the story to tell him, and he doesn't care anyway. Still, it's sweet!

After dinner, we decorated the Christmas tree. It was absolute chaos, but I suppose that's what life is like with four small children, no matter what.
Yes, Chris is wearing antlers.

I love the fact that Daisy is still wearing a summer nightgown at Christmastime.


The kids were lined up, waiting their turn to stand on the cube and hang an ornament. Usually the bottom three feet of our tree is densely packed with ornaments while the top stands bare. This year, the bottom three feet are bare because the kids really liked standing on that cube.

Except for Eli. He just likes to chew on things.

And crawl.

Also, I take no responsibility for the onesie snapped over his pants. That was entirely Chris' doing. When I asked him about it, he looked sheepish and said that Eli was going to be a trendsetter.

All of my loveys, decorating the tree!

Hi, Eli!

And then Eli was done. He was exhausted. Caleb was, too.
Life goes back to normal tomorrow. I think that's a good thing, but it sure was nice having everyone home for five days!

No comments:

Post a Comment