November 7

I was able to get my grocery shopping for the week done yesterday, which was fabulous because it  meant that today, our whole family could enjoy a leisurely morning. Chris made breakfast, and I would have slept in if Eli had cooperated. But he didn't, so I was up by 7:30.

My mom came over just as Chris and Caleb were leaving for Caleb's final soccer practice and game of the season. We chatted for a few minutes, and then Daisy and I were off to a bridal shower for Chris' cousin, Ali, while Mom stayed home with the two littlest ones.

Chris sent these pictures of Caleb's last practice, which culminated with donuts and trophies.
Eating a donut.

Getting a trophy.
(Two things: 1. His hands are sticky from the donut and he is uncomfortable with that and he doesn't want to touch the trophy.
2. The sweet kid clapping for him, who also had sticky fingers and is therefore clapping with the heels of his hands.)

Yay, Caleb!
Later, he told Chris with great disappointment that the player on his trophy doesn't even look like him.

Chris came home to find two happy kiddos. 
This kid loves his Grandma!

He is totally communicating with her. I love it.

Happy baby!

And then they had a lot of playtime outside. Chris has some epic videos on his phone of the world's largest leaf pile, but I forgot to get it. Instead, I offer you a video of Eli with a ball.


Meanwhile, Daisy and I celebrated with a bunch of lovely ladies. Chris' aunts Bebe and Maggie hosted the shower, so it was supremely classy and well put together. I thought Daisy would enjoy dressing up and being fancy with all the ladies, and she did... to an extent.

For example, this is Daisy with her orange juice - not even watered down! - with raspberries, in Bebe's fanciest crystal champagne flute.
Scowl.

I don't think I've ever shared a photo of Daisy like this, but it is her signature look. 
It's terrifying, isn't it?
That's why I've never shared it before. But we see it a lot.

Ah. THERE is my sweet girl, enjoying her orange juice. Her sweet little fingers look almost chubby in this picture!

Luckily, Grandmother was at the party. She read Daisy lots of books and talked with her as she colored. Daisy basked in her Grandmother's undivided attention.

I know. I married into a beautiful family. That's Maggie, the bride-to-be Ali, and Bebe. When Chris and I started dating and I began to meet his family, I was seriously intimidated at first. They're all ridiculously classy and good-looking, and I am neither. But then I realized: if Chris would have me, our babies would be the prettiest babies ever because of his genetic good looks. So I married him, and the rest is history.

See what I mean?
Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment