November 6

Every day when we walk Caleb to the bus stop, and then again when we go to pick him up, I marvel at the lovely autumn light. It's no accident that we first fell in love with our house right around this time of year; our neighborhood is full of trees that are glorious in the fall! When daylight hours are shorter in the fall, bus stop times seem to line up with the times that the light is the most beautiful, and almost every day I wish I had my camera with me.

Today I finally made myself head out a few minutes early to play in the lovely light. My main motivation was the fact that a friend loaned me a camera lens, and I need to be comfortable using it for a photo shoot this weekend. I don't love the lens nearly as much as I love the lens I sent off to be repaired, but it will suffice. I just have to figure out its quirks first!
I feel like I am getting more nighttime sleep lately, which is huge. However, this little stinker is not adjusting well to the end of Daylight Savings Time. He has been waking up at 7 am this week, which makes mornings really challenging. He's also been difficult in the evenings. But I'm getting sleep, which helps so much with the mental health stuff. I feel very much like myself now.

He is so curious and so funny!

How is he 9 months old? I get it, and yet I totally don't. He is the perfect addition to our family, though. I'm thankful for him, even if he insists on always keeping me on my toes.

2 comments:

  1. I've been intending to comment on a couple of blogs:
    1. The kids looked sooo cute in their Halloween costumes. You did a really good job painting their skeleton faces. When I saw them it made me smile :-)
    2. You guys would make a perfect home-schooling family. I hope you continue to consider doing that.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments, Shirley! I appreciate your encouragement about homeschooling more than I can adequately express. Thanks for following along on our journey!

      Delete