November 13

Eli woke up this morning with a cold.
I'm not sure why I was surprised; it IS Friday the 13th, after all. 

As I type this, it is 9:30. Chris just got home from a work thing; I did all day and dinner and bedtime and spent a total of two hours trying to get a very tired baby to sleep tonight, so I'm pretty much done. No stories tonight.

Before school. Caleb was playing a game with Eli, and they both loved it.

Lily woke up droopy and quiet and sad, and I mentally prepared myself for her to vomit all over the place. She insisted she was "So hun-gee", though, so I gave her some muffins. When I saw that she had laid down on the banquette bench, I grabbed the Ergo and tossed her up. Poor baby. When it was time to take Caleb to the bus, I put Eli in the ring sling on my front and kept Lily on my back.
When we got home from the bus stop, she was fine.
#babywearingFTW

Folding laundry.
We both look awful; I'm not sure why I'm sharing this. Daisy folded half the laundry and put most of it away. Perhaps I will keep her, after all.

Picking Caleb up from the bus.
You noticed that pretty, colorful ring sling, didn't you? My friend Amber is absurdly good at winning things. Really. I don't know what it is about her, but she has a knack for winning giveaways of all kinds. Sometimes they require skill and talent, but often it's just luck of the draw. Amber won this wrap in a giveaway and converted it to a ring sling, but wasn't using it because it wasn't broken in. She decided to send it "traveling" to facilitate the breaking-in process, and I am the lucky one who gets to host it first. This ring sling is handwoven, which means it is significantly nicer and more expensive than any of the wraps I own. I love how supportive and colorful it is!

After dinner, it was Friday Movie Night. Caleb found an old-school vintage Batman costume that Chris discovered when he cleaned out his part of the closet; I'm sure I bought it at some point, but I can't remember the story. Anyway, Caleb found it and was absurdly excited. He paired it with his Batman mask/cape, and wore it all evening. Even for movie watching, which I can't imagine was comfortable or easy.

Now they're all asleep, and it's the weekend. Thank goodness. Maybe I'll get to sleep in tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I burst out laughing when that picture of Caleb in the mask scrolled onto my screen. :)

    ReplyDelete