November 24

So, remember how Eli slept for a little while in is crib last night? It was awesome. Except that he apparently has decided he wants to try all kinds of new sleep things, including waking up for the day at 5:30am.
Yep.
Luckily, Chris gets up that early anyway. So he took Eli and brought him back to me when he left for work at 7. I was able to put him down for a little mini-nap, which worked out perfectly. Caleb and Daisy both had school today, so they needed to be fed and clothed and whatnot. Eli napped for about an hour and woke up when it was time to think about taking Caleb to the bus stop. After we got everyone to school, I got to spend a few happy hours playing with Lily and Eli, with nothing else on our agenda. 

I took Lily to her room to get her dressed (yes, both Lily and Eli were still in their jammies when we took Daisy in to preschool. My standards are pretty low, people.), and realized that he light was so lovely that I needed to get my camera.

Lily is totally into choosing her clothes now. She chose two long-sleeved shirts to layer, but eventually I persuaded her to just wear one.

This girl. Such a goofball. 
I should probably trim those scraggly baby hairs in her eyes and make them official bangs, but I had a few traumatic experiences cutting Daisy's bangs and now I'm scared. Plus, I'm not sure I want to commit to bangs with Lily. I may just let them be scraggly until they're long enough to tuck behind her ears. Or maybe I should take her someplace for a legit hair cut. Thoughts?

Eli was playing happily with his favorite ball, and then Lily ran past. I love the look on his face when he looked up and saw her. These two have such a sweet relationship!

That green ball Eli is clutching has a light inside. If you bang or bounce it on the floor, it lights up. Eli has just figured out how to do this, and he was crawling around, banging the ball everywhere.

Lily's final ensemble. She has such distinct ideas about what she wants to wear, and I love it!

Oh. My. Goodness. 
This picture kills me. It is so perfectly Eli right now, open mouth, drool, and all. I love that kid.

And then, because I couldn't resist, I took a video of him. It is literally nearly three minutes of nothing, but I love it. Every time I watch it, I get this big, stupid grin on my face the whole time. Eli is trying so hard to say ball, demonstrating how he can bang that little ball to make it light up, and showing off his army crawling.  This three-minutes-of-nothing video completely captures what this little man is up to right now, and I love it.


Oh! And Daisy's preschool pictures arrived today!
Love this girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, all so cute. The video=passing out from cuteness!
    Now, the school picture, ohhh I love it! I love how Daisy always scrunches her face a little when smiling. It's like a "true joy" smile!

    ReplyDelete