November 10

It was a good day. 
Full, but good.

Lily has been asking for a week now for a playdate with her friend Naomi. Since Naomi's mom, Jill, is one of my favorite people, I eagerly agreed to set that one up! For the past three days, the first thing Lily has asked when she woke up has been, "Go playdate Naomi house?" 
We were both excited when the day finally came! And I totally didn't take pictures of it. But it was fabulous.

I didn't take pictures of the muffins that Daisy and Lily asked me to make for lunch. (Lemon poppyseed. Amber, what happened to your other blog? I went looking for the recipe and it was gone, so I had to improvise.)

I didn't take pictures of my two hours of blessed silence while the younger two napped and Daisy pretended to nap. 

I didn't take a picture of Daisy tackling Caleb with the biggest hug ever when he got off the bus.

I didn't take a picture of the girls standing in the dining room window, waving goodbye as I drove off to see my counselor.

I did take a picture of this, though:

I returned home to find the older three in bed, and Eli happily crawling around the kitchen while Chris loaded the dishwasher. As soon as I walked in the door, Eli pivoted and began crawling right toward me, grinning. Sure, it was because I'm the food lady and he was hungry, but still. It warms this mama's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment