November 20

A worker was here a little after 8 this morning to finish insulating and trimming out our new front door.

Which was great, except that Eli woke up at 6:15 this morning, and was ready for a nap right after we got Caleb on the bus. Unfortunately, the hammering and nail gunning and sawing meant that the kid just didn't sleep. I finally got him down for his morning nap at 10:45.

Once he was asleep, I examined the thing of beauty that is our new front door. It was ready for the painter! Except there was a fuzz on it, so I went to pull it off and discovered...
our brand-new fiberglass door has a 2.5" long crack on the inside, abut 15" up from the ground. It must have happened during delivery or installation, and I was so upset. Luckily, I think it is patch-able and once the door is painted should be unnoticeable... I hope.

I was an absentee mother today as I tried to work on editing pictures; I have three photo shoots this weekend, and I like to be caught up with the ones I've already done before I bring in new pictures. The Eli nap situation meant that I didn't get the 2-hour afternoon chunk that I normally do, but I'm hopeful I'll get it done tonight.

I think this picture sums up today. Eli was tired, crabby, and uncooperative. I was annoyed. Everything was gray.

This girl is never gray, though. She is a funny little ray of sunshine.

And Caleb got off the bus and wanted only to snuggle his mommy. We sat on the couch and snuggled, and Caleb suggested that Eli join our snuggle, too.
(Daisy was still napping, or you know she would have joined in the snuggling. Snuggling is her favorite. She snuggles like she's getting paid for it.)

There. One exhausted mama and two happy boys.

It was Friday movie night, and Caleb and Daisy couldn't agree on a movie. Daisy wanted to watch Babies, and Caleb wanted to watch Muppets Take Manhattan. Caleb wanted to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to break the tie, but I let Lily be our tiebreaker.
She chose Babies without a second thought.

They all enjoyed it, and I edited pictures in the other room because really - I don't need to spend two hours of my life watching random babies, when my whole life right now is watching my own babies. Now they're in bed, and Eli is asleep in our big bed. Chris and I might just try to watch a grown-up movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment