November 30

Chris went back to work today.
Caleb went back to school.
Life resumed as normal.
At least it was a Do-Nothing Monday, and a gray, drizzly one at that. I was supposed to do the grocery shopping today, but naptimes didn't overlap and that didn't happen. Instead, dinner was a last-ditch effort to scrounge a meal out of what I could find in the freezer and pantry. It worked out pretty well: I found some grain-free fish sticks in the back of my deep freeze, and used a bag of lentils (ugh) to make this delicious side dish (yum!). Add some frozen broccoli and applesauce, and we had a great meal!

After we got Caleb on the bus and Eli down for his morning nap, the girls and I enjoyed a lazy Monday morning. I got out some Christmas gel window clings that I picked up on clearance after last Christmas, and you would have thought I gave those girls a pony. They were so excited, and worked diligently to arrange their artwork.
I feel super-smart when I remember to buy one set for each child, because then there is no squabbling.
I like when there is no squabbling.

The girls were careful to put their clings up really high, so Eli wouldn't get them. They are very well trained.

Later, I saw a post on Facebook with the idea to turn a big box into a fort with Christmas lights. 
We had boxes, we had lights, and ten minutes later, we had two of the world's coolest forts. My pictures of the girls in the forts are just grainy cell phone pictures, but while they were down for their naps I got a few real photos of Eli in the boxes.

He was impressed.

Don't worry, Mom: I poked the lights all the way through, so the bulbs weren't in contact with the cardboard. My children aren't likely to burst into flames anytime soon.

Eli enjoyed himself right up until his sisters woke up from their naps. Then his playtime was over. I guess that's how it goes when you're the baby brother.

1 comment: