November 18

Today was rough. I woke up with a headache, and quickly realized it was actually a migraine. I tried my best to shake it, but it just got worse and worse. Chris was really busy at work, so I had to soldier through.

When I realized at Eli's 9-month checkup that he was delayed in a few developmental areas, I decided to sign us back up for our school district's Parents As Teachers program. We dropped out before Lily was born because I felt like it didn't have much to offer a busy, experienced mom with normally developing kiddos. Now that I have a not-normally-developing kiddo, I'm hopeful I will find some value in their services. Today was our first visit with our new parent educator, and the girls were so excited! Our appointment was at 10:30, and by 10:25 they were standing at the window, watching and waiting. At one point, I heard Daisy say to Lily, "I hope she comes riding up on a pink motorcycle!"
And then I died laughing.
Or I died from the migraine.
Regardless of why, I nearly died, but I survived.

The appointment was fine; we have a parent educator who is new to the system, so we'll see how that goes. The girls enjoyed the games she brought with her, so that was fun. She also brought stacks of handouts about developmental milestones. I fully intend to read them...

By the time she left, the migraine had faded (thank you, Excederin!), but I was left feeling shaky and weak. I needed nap time.

Eli didn't agree. 
He slept for 45 minutes in my arms, and refused to sleep any more. Of course, the not napping thing is my weakness. That's what always breaks me and turns me into Angry Mom. Grrr. But my counselor and I have been talking about letting the control go, and realizing that I can't force things like that to happen. So I tried my best to let it go. 
Look at me. I'm Elsa. I'm letting it goooooo.

I told Chris there was no way I could make dinner. We decided on pizza. I threw dairy free and gluten free out the window for the night, and it was delicious. 
Tomorrow my eczema will flare up again, but tonight was fabulous.

Then I remembered that it is my table's turn to bring food to MOPS tomorrow.
Then our group coordinator sent out a Facebook reminder that it's the big Thanksgiving meal, so we should bring twice as much food as we normally would
Ugh.
So I ran to the store to get more ingredients.
I came home to find this:
Eli was fresh out of the bath tub, exhausted, and very happy to see me. He immediately began crawling toward me.

Whenever I walk toward him and he thinks I'm going to pick him up, he does this. I think it's the funniest thing ever, and I really want to get a video of it so you can really see. He goes flat on his belly and lifts his elbows up and his chest off the ground, like he's trying to flap his wings and fly. Really, he's trying to make it easier for me to pick him up. It's so darn cute!

It's crooked and blurry and his head is clipped at the top, but can you see how he has his shoulders and elbows up? And how he's looking at me, clearly thinking, "Ma! Why aren't you picking me up?"

I should have deleted this photo, but I love Eli's petulant little face, and Lily's photobomb in the background. 

Time for bed, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment