November 28

Today is Eli's 10-month birthday, and I fully intended to do pictures of him. But it was gray and gloomy and cold, and he has a yucky cough that has made it hard for him to sleep. I'm not really concerned about the cough, but it is a weird enough cough that I think I'm going to keep him home from church tomorrow.

So no pictures today. Instead, I had a photo shoot this morning and spent all day editing photos while Chris tended to the kids. I have another photo shoot tomorrow, too, and then it slows down. It's a good thing, because I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of the editing! I'm hopeful that Chris will take the kids to church tomorrow morning, I'll put Eli down for a nap, and he will have some deep, restful sleep while I edit pictures.

Eli did celebrate his 10-month birthday by doing a few exciting things, though.

First, Chris went in to get Eli when he woke up from his morning nap. What did he find? Eli, sitting up in his crib. He got from his belly to seated, all by himself! (Don't worry, Mom. We lowered his crib this afternoon.)

Then at bathtime, Eli decided he wanted to watch while Lily got her bath. SO HE PULLED UP TO STANDING ALL BY HIMSELF!!!

I was shocked! That's a milestone that Caleb and Daisy definitely hit later than normal, so I was thrilled that Eli did it today!

That's my baby, smiling up at Daddy, proud as can be.

What? You want video?

You know I have it!

He did it over and over and over until he fell and bonked his head on the toilet. I know every baby does this, some much earlier than others, but still. I am ridiculously proud of my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment