November 22

It was a full day today: church (had to get there early to serve in the nursery), photo shoot, home for lunch and putting Eli down for his nap, grocery shopping, another photo shoot, more grocery shopping, dinner, baths, bedtime.

I got home from my second photo shoot to find Caleb sitting at the kitchen table, reading a book out loud to himself while Chris made dinner and Eli crawled around. It made my heart so happy to see Caleb reading so well!


He looked up just as I was about to take the picture, hence the scowl. He wasn't scowling before he noticed me.

My sweet boy.

Then I grabbed my other sweet boy and snuggled and nursed him in bed. It's funny how some days I feel desperate for some time away from him, but when I spend all day away from him, I'm desperate to reconnect.
He's been growing outside of my body for almost ten months now, but I still feel like he's a part of me.

It's harder work to care for him outside of me, but way more fun.

I mean, really. That cutie pie is mine.

However, that cutie pie also gives me the same face at 11 pm, and 6 am, and many other times in the middle of the night. Then he's not so much fun. But he's still sweet, so I'll keep him.


1 comment: