February 20

Today we had an early birthday celebration for me.
(I turn 30 on February 24th!)
Because it involved Mexican food, chocolate, and our family, it was perfect. Even better? Caleb was ridiculously fun tonight, and I got to enjoy watching him make everyone laugh.

Our server at my favorite Mexican restaurant worked really hard to make sure we had a great time. He even brought out a little sombrero for Caleb when he saw how much Caleb liked the big one!


Caleb and I were a stylish pair!

Caleb REALLY loved the sombrero. We may have to find one for him when we're in Mexico next week!

My mom requested a photo of her three boys, but only Ryan was feeling cooperative. Caleb was skeptical of baby Max, who was busy plotting how he could get his hands on Caleb.

Aside from the sombrero, Caleb's favorite part of the night was the birthday cake and singing the birthday song. We've been preparing for this for days; he's insisted over and over that we sing the song or look at pictures of cake. When the big moment finally came, Caleb let out a "Wow!" during the middle of the song.

He was excited to help me blow out the candles.

My cake was topped with chocolate curls, with a massive chocolate slab on top of that. We had to remove the chocolate slab to cut the cake. Everyone was so focused on the cake-cutting that no one noticed Caleb was helping himself to the chocolate curls stuck to the bottom of the chocolate slab. This kid munched happily on chocolate for a solid 20 minutes, eventually even biting into the slab!

Luckily, he shared a bite of the big chocolate piece with me!

It was such a fun night.
Mostly, though, I'm so thankful for all God has given me: a loving family, a doting husband, a bright, handsome son, and another baby on the way. This is exactly what I'd always hoped 30 would look like.


2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Love the photo of your "bump"!
    We had a great time....thanks for the picture of my 3 boys; i didn't even know you took it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early Birthday! Have fun in Mexico!!
    Sidenote- Max is getting so big! I think I'm hoping Baby #2 is a girl just to keep all those boys in line. =-)

    ReplyDelete