February 18

I'll be honest; today was as crummy as yesterday was fantastic.

Chris and I stayed up late last night to make sure the house was spotless for our showing today (a second showing! We were so excited!). I ended up only getting 6 and a half hours of sleep, and pregnant Carrie needs 9-10 hours to function pleasantly. I spent all morning cleaning, only to get a call an hour before the showing that they had cancelled. The people are looking into new construction now. :( Then Caleb was needy and demanding and whiny all afternoon, it was only 60 degrees instead of 75, and I was officially in a funk. Still am. I'm hoping some prayer, sleep, and sweets will work me out of it. We'll see.

In the meantime, this was the only time today that Caleb was delightful.

The warm weather has added to his vocabulary:
back yard
front yard
sidewalk
patio
garden

I took him out this morning to write with chalk, and of course he sat in it and made a huge mess, but he was so happy. For the rest of the day, all I heard was, "Mommy! Outside! Write! Patio! Mommy! Mommy! PATIO!"

See what I mean?
(This is actually a "Smile for the Camera" photo.)

Perhaps he'll be ambidextrous?

"Mommy write. Mommy write. MOMMY WRITE!!!!!"
Doesn't the kid understand that Mommy needs a break?
Or that Mommy is nearly 31 weeks pregnant and doesn't want to crouch/sit on the cold concrete and bend over and draw?

Tomorrow's bound to be a better day.


No comments:

Post a Comment