February 19

All it took to wipe away yesterday's funk was an Oreo Mint Blizzard and a good night's sleep. Good thing, because today was a busy day!

Caleb got to play with Daddy all morning while I slept in, got my hair cut, and bought a swimsuit for next week's trip to Mexico. But the best part of the day?

While I was out shopping, I came across these shoes.
On clearance for $4.50.
In Caleb's size.
It was a no-brainer.

When I told Caleb I had new shoes for him, his face lit up.
When he saw them, he got even more excited.
He loved them, and couldn't wait to put them on. When I explained that I had to tie the laces in a bow before he could walk around (he's only had velcro shoes 'til now!), he said, "Tie. Bow. Walk!"

And then we went outside, in the yucky, more February-appropriate weather, to write on the patio. I was delighted by the sight of my little rocker boy, in his Converse one-stars and rock n roll hoodie.  What a cutie pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment