February 2

Ok, the "Snowpocalypse" was totally lame. The worst thing about it was that our city has decided to plow every road in our neighborhood except for ours, leaving us effectively stranded. After 2 days, though, we attempted to conquer the 30 feet of unplowed road that has trapped various other motorists. Luckily, we were successful.
Our reward?
Dinner at Olive Garden.
Big-box Italian food has never tasted so good, and Caleb was so happy to be out of the house that he was perfect at dinner.

This is a blurry picture of Chris attempting to work from home. (Remember, the snow had us stranded!) For the most part, Caleb was respectful of the fact that Daddy needed to work. But occasionally, he wandered up to Chris and said, "Daddy! Holdu!"

Our happy boy at bathtime.

And I know that this blog is about Caleb, not me, but in a few months it will be about NewBaby, too, so...

This is me at 28 weeks (hello, third trimester!)
We take a picture in the same place, same outfit, every four weeks. Eventually, I'll make a collage to put in NewBaby's baby book. Caleb has one, and it's a fun tradition for us. Anyway - that's me, 28 weeks, up 19 pounds so far.

Also, Caleb has recently become really affectionate toward NewBaby. He's started wanting to kiss and snuggle with my belly. He even will put his ear on my belly and listen intently, then say, "Heartbeat!" I'm not sure if he can actually hear anything, or if he just remembers when the midwife uses her Doppler to play Baby's heartbeat for us. Regardless, it's really sweet and fun. We are so blessed!

3 comments:

  1. You look great! I hope you're feeling good too. I think it's sweet Caleb's loving your belly. I can't wait to see how he reacts to NewBaby when they arrive! Not much longer...=-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun to read! You look great Carrie! Caleb is so cute knowing there's a heartbeat in there.... Aaaahh I miss you guys! Can't wait to get up there to meet the new babay! XOXO

    ReplyDelete