February 10

I didn't take any pictures of Caleb yesterday, which was disappointing because it was his 19-month birthday. But at this point, I don't think it's that big of a deal anymore. He has a cold, and the past few days he's been in the faucet-nose stage. That just doesn't make for attractive pictures: either he has twin rivers running down his face, or his little nose is raw and chapped. So I skipped it.

Today, though, I have these two offerings.
Caleb's fascination with hiding is holding strong. Here, he's happily tucked between the night stand and window in his bedroom, playing with a toy firetruck. (I like to keep all those cords out in the open, so he learns about the danger of strangulation early. Kidding. I should probably address that.)

This was when Daddy got home from work. It's always a bright part in our day, but Caleb seemed especially happy to see Chris tonight. He clung to him like a baby monkey!

A couple of things I've been meaning to tell you:
  • For the past 2 weeks, Caleb has been asking for his GREAT Aunt Maggie at random moments. Tonight at dinner, for example. He wasn't very friendly when he saw her in person, but she must have made quite an impression on him!
  • Chris and I always pray with Caleb before bedtime. But for the past 3 days, he's insisted on praying before naptime. And it's not just random praying - he wants to pray for specific people! As soon as he realizes it's almost naptime, he says, "Pay! Pay! Mimi! Daddy! Namaw! Denny! Amin!" (In case you can't tell, he's asking to pray for my sister Emily, Daddy, my Mom, and my sister Jenny, then saying amen.) I have no idea why he chooses those people. I can only assume he's being led by the Spirit.
  • He says, "Appreciate that." It sounds like "peeshat" (which looks kind of vulgar as I type it). It started because when he asks for something and I don't give it to him, he says, "Nicey!", to indicate that he's asking nicely. I respond, "Yes, Caleb, you are asking nicely, and I appreciate that, but you can't have that cookie." Now when he wants something, he cuts to the chase and says, "Tookie! Tookie! Nicey! Peeshat!" It's pretty funny.
That's all for now.



2 comments:

  1. ok, that's the sweetest. i DO believe that little ones prayers are guided... for whatever reason. That is just so cute that he wants to pray. And, love that he talks about ME. but, the prayer part, how wonderful and warm and loving. keep it up, guys, he's turning out FAB. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHhahahahahah the dangers of strangulation?? LOL this was sooo funny! The praying together is just the sweetest, best thing ever! He is learning so much from two of the best people. I imagine there really is no better feeling on earth than knowing your child is learning about and loving God!

    ReplyDelete