September 29

I'm just feeling grouchy and annoyed with everything.

I could write an extensive blog post complaining about this season of life, but I won't. Instead, here's a picture of Eli in his bouncer.


I don't like the kind of mom I've been the past few days, and I feel powerless to change it. I don't like being grouchy and annoyed, but I'm pretty sure my children are being obnoxious and annoying, which is causing me to be grouchy and annoyed. It's a vicious cycle that's exacerbated by the fact that Eli isn't napping the way he normally does and by the fact that Daisy is being a really challenging four-year-old right now. 
And we all know how I feel about four-year-olds.
I know that I should be the change I want to see in my world (thanks, Ghandi), but it's hard to be that change when my children have run me ragged.
I know that this is just a season, and I'm trying not to wish this stage of my children's lives away, but goodness. I'm over it. I'm ready to move on to the next stage, please.

But. 
Caleb reads chapter books now.
Lily dances now, and has suddenly taken an interest in using the potty.
I'm pretty sure Daisy is figuring out how to read.
Eli will be crawling soon, I can feel it.

I think maybe it's all so painful now because they are growing, and growth is always uncomfortable.
Right?

1 comment: