September 18

Happy Friday!

Today was school picture day for Caleb. Since preschool, Caleb has chosen to wear a tie on school picture day. I think it is just the sweetest thing ever! (Aside from spring pictures this year - do you remember that unfortunate ensemble? I can't find the post right now, but it was priceless.)

True to form, Caleb wanted to wear a tie again this year. Unfortunately, he threw his last tie in the wash and it was ruined, and he had no more ties. Fortunately, Chris has quite the collection of ties, and he donated one to Caleb's cause. I trimmed about twelve inches off of it, sewed it up, and voila! a tie for Caleb.

I mean, seriously. Is this kid adorable or what? Yes, he had his shirt and tie paired with khaki shorts and running shoes, but still. He is so handsome, and I love that he loves getting dressed up!

After we got Caleb on the bus, it was time to get Lily dressed. Daisy wore her leotard because she had gymnastics today, so of course Lily had to wear her leotard, too. It didn't matter that she isn't old enough for gymnastics. At two, wearing the leotard is enough.

After gymnastics, Lily needed a quick wardrobe change before lunch.
She chose this shirt that my mom picked up for her at a thrift store; it says "Grandma's love bug". This was the cheesy grin Lily gave me when I told her we were taking a picture for Grandma. After, she asked, "Gam-maw happy now?"
Yes, sweetie. I'm pretty sure Grandma is happy after seeing this picture of you. 

Then, story time and selfies on the couch. 

These girls are so funny! 
(Eli was napping in his crib.)

Daisy was exhausted, so I sent her to "rest" in her room, despite her very vocal protests.
Lily went down for her nap readily, but when I left her room I found that Eli was awake.
Bummer. This mama needed a nap.

No problem; I just pulled Eli into bed with me! I didn't get to sleep, but I did get to lie down while he rolled happily, nursed and didn't nurse, practiced his new sounds, and was generally adorable.

Hi there, handsome!

This boy. I sure do love him!

Since it's Friday, dinner tonight was gluten-free grilled cheese and a movie. Lily chose Alice in Wonderland, and the kids were all enthralled.
Woo-hoo! Hi family!

No comments:

Post a Comment