September 21

Eli is a legitimate sitter now, and getting more mobile by the day. I've mentioned before that he is now inchworming, and I think he may actually crawl!

What? You want to see a video?
Since he moves in incremental distances (you know - like an inchworm) videos can be kind of slow going. But thanks to my handy-dandy iPhone6, I created a stop-motion video for you.
Daisy had a toy broom that Eli was really interested in, so we used it as a carrot to get him to move. I promise I wasn't poking him with the broom, as it may appear in the video.

In related news, Eli is now stable enough as a sitter that I can let him play in the family room with the kids while I make dinner.
He clearly understands the enormity of his newfound freedom. Of course, once he becomes more mobile, I reserve the right to revoke that freedom without warning.

But for now, he's pleased to imagine that he's one of the big kids.

Chris handled Eli tonight so that I could read with Caleb and Daisy and then go to the gym. I came home to find this:
Eli sleeping in the Ergo, Daddy focused on a work project.
People, I was even able to shower.
I have a good, good husband, and I am so thankful for him. This season of life can sometimes get discouraging - I mean, we used to be fun! But even though it's not flashy and exciting, times like this remind me how deep the love and commitment is that Chris has for me and for our family. We are blessed. And maybe one day, we will have fun again. For now, a trip to the YMCA and an uninterrupted shower is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment