September 14

It was a day today.
Whoo, Nelly, was it a day.
Exhibit A: by noon, I had put Eli down for three separate naps because 
1. He woke up that early and 
2. He refused to sleep for more than 45 minutes, despite the fact that he was exhausted.

However, it was also a lovely day today, and so after dinner I persuaded Chris to take the kids to the beach to dig in the sand. (Spoiler: it didn't take much work to persuade him.)
Chris and I loved that as soon as we got there, the kids just took off. We laid on our blanket with Eli and relaxed while the children played happily. It was beautiful, and a balm for my soul in so many ways.


The whole way there (all 8 minutes), Lily kept saying, "Beach? Go beach?" 
She was so excited!


Caleb was in heaven because he could throw as many sticks as he wanted into the lake.

And this girl. She was exhausted, but she had serious work to do at the beach.

I should have brought sunglasses for this boy, but he didn't mind.

Out of focus, but I don't mind.

This kid was tired, too, but the beach was a welcome distraction.

Chris even let Eli try out the sand.

My heart is full. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment