March 27

Oy - Blogger made posting this a nightmare! Dear Blogger: sometimes I hate you. Heart, Carrie.

Sometimes the best days are the days when we hang out around the house and do nothing. Today was a day like that.
Chris was really good about making sure I had plenty of time to lounge on the couch and rest. (It's becoming more and more of a necessity these days!)

Of course, any time I tell Caleb, "Mommy needs to rest", he interprets it as, "Mommy needs Caleb to climb up on the couch and snuggle." I'm not complaining, but it's pretty funny.

Not the best photo, but it's Caleb "listening" to Baby. This is how every couch snuggle session ends.
Caleb says, "Open!" and I uncover my belly.
He presses his ear to my belly and says, "Listen!"
I ask him what he hears, and he says, "Heartbeat."

Lately, he's added a new twist - he says, "Listen! Jessica!" Jessica is our midwife; Caleb was there during our last appointment two weeks ago. Apparently it made a big impression on him when Jessica got out the Doppler to listen to Baby's heartbeat. So now it's, "Listen! Jessica!"
I'll ask him, "Does Jessica help us listen to the Baby?"
He responds, "Mmmm. Yes. Button on." He remembers that she let him push the button to turn on the Doppler.
I say, "That's right! You got to press the button to turn it on! What do we hear when we turn it on?"
His response used to be, "Boom boom." But more recently it's been, "kssh kssh kssh", which is actually what Baby's heartbeat sounds like.

It's so funny that he remembers our last visit so clearly. I'm excited to see how he responds to our appointment tomorrow!

Remember how a week or two ago, Caleb fell asleep on me? It looked like this. He didn't fall asleep this time, but we had a good long snuggle.

Did I mention that Caleb is obsessed with the Duck books by Jez Alborough? So far we've only read Duck in the Truck (which I ordered for his Easter basket) and Fix-It Duck, but Chris, Caleb and I are all big fans. I have Hit the Ball, Duck on reserve at the library, and I have high hopes.

Then the boys played with the laundry bag. This photo reminds me of 
this

(Caleb with the laundry bag, March 2010)

and this 

(Our wedding, August 2002)

What a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment