March 25

In case you haven't noticed the little ticker on the right side of this page, NewBaby is due in exactly one month! Now, Caleb's week-late arrival stripped me of any delusions of the "due date" meaning anything at all, but I have a feeling this one will come closer to her due date. (And yes, I think it's a "her". Mostly because we can't come up with a perfect boy name. We really like Noel for a boy, except for the fact that the majority of the world would mispronounce it as the Christmas form of "noel", instead of the boy-name form of Noel, and I just don't want to do that to my child. So there's that.)

I'm definitely ready for this baby to come, though.
Let me rephrase that. My mind and heart are ready for this baby to come. My body is ready for this baby to come. My house? Not ready for this baby to come. So I suppose one more month is a good compromise. :)

Remember my grocery-shopping exploits of yesterday?
We also picked up an Ugli fruit in the produce section. What fun!

He tried really hard to get it open, but it just didn't work!

Nope - not the best way to eat it!

After I peeled it and was surprised at how much skin there was and how little flesh, I fed him a few pieces. He really liked it! It was so cute to hear Caleb say, "Uggi fwuit! Mo uggi fwuit!"

Also, I need to tell you about the story Caleb woke up telling this morning.
He woke up at 7, and I went in to get him. When I picked him up, he buried himself in my shoulder and we snuggled for 10 or 15 minutes. Then he sat bolt upright, and said this:

"Yellow bird. Hawk.
Fly away, hawk!
Far away.
Anything, hawk?
Nope.
See hawk?
Nope.
Anything?
Hawk? Look! Hawk? See hawk?
Long time hawk."

It's so funny to hear what's running through his little brain!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a girl too! I don't know why I just feel like this one is a girl. We'll see soon! I have a Noel that comes to my store-he gets really cranky if someone calls him "no-el" until I knew it was a man I just thought it was the Christmasy way.People will mispronounce just about anything though so don't let that hold you back if you like it! =-)

    ReplyDelete